Set the dial and tune in – Montana Public Radio plans to air the Montana Folk Festival live this week.
MTPR this week said it will broadcast 11 folk music acts from the Original Stage between 7 and 9 p.m. on Friday, July 7, and from 1-5 p.m. and 6-11 p.m. on Saturday, July 8.
The lineup of acts featured during the live broadcast follows:
Friday, July 7
• 7 p.m. – Quebe Sisters (Texas swing)
• 8:15 p.m. – Betsayda Machado y Parranda El Clavo (Venezuelan percussion and voice ensemble)
• 9:20 p.m. – Clinton Fearon and the Boogie Brown Band (reggae, Seattle)
Saturday, July 8
1 p.m. – McGuire Family Band (Irish family band, U.S. debut tour)
• 2 p.m. – Mangum & Company (shout band/low-brass gospel choir, Charlotte, North Carolina)
• 3:05 p.m. – Feedel Band (Ethiopian jazz, Washington, D.C.)
• 4:15 p.m. – Doreen Ketchens (clarinet street musician/family band, New Orleans)
• 5 p.m. – Weekend “All Things Considered”
• 6 p.m. – Gibson Brothers (Yankee bluegrass)
• 7:15 p.m. – Bruce Daigrepont (authentic Cajun music)
• 8:30 p.m. – Toronzo Cannon (Chicago blues)
• 9:45 p.m. – Albert Lee (rockabilly)
MTPR programming director Michael Marsolek will lead the coverage with Nick Spitzer, host of “American Routes.”
“MTPR is very excited to bring our listeners the energy, the excitement and the music that makes the Montana Folk Festival one of Montana’s premier music events,” Marsolek said. “We hope listeners will enjoy the live broadcasts.”
The MTPR announcing stage will be adjacent to the main performance stage. MTPR will also have an outreach and membership tent nearby.
In addition to the live performances, the entire MTPR team will be producing features on the bands, the event and the people at the festival that will air both during the broadcast and online.
Montana Public Radio airs across much of western and central Montana at 89.1 and 91.5 in Missoula, 91.9 in Hamilton, 89.5 in Polson, 90.1 in Kalispell, Whitefish and North Valley, 90.5 in Libby, 91.7 in Kalispell, 101.3 in Swan Lake, 91.3 in Butte, 91.7 in Helena, 89.9 in Great Falls, 91.7 in Dillon.