Missoula Downtown Association gears up for annual awards banquet
The Missoula Downtown Association will recognize 15 individuals and businesses at its awards banquet this month, saying the nominees have helped make the city economically healthy and vibrant.
This year’s awards banquet will also recognize Dan Cederberg, who is stepping down from the MDA Board after 31 years of service.
“Downtown Missoula is a special place because of the people,” said Anders Brooker, president of the MDA Board of Directors. “The downtown awards program provides the opportunity for us to acknowledge and celebrate those individuals who give of themselves to provide a great experience for all.”
The MDA awards program was created in 1983 and expanded in both 2004 and 2014 to include a total of six categories. More than 80 individuals have been recognized for their service to the downtown Missoula community.
“This year’s pool of nominees is an extraordinary group of individuals, and it will definitely be a special night as we celebrate their contributions and accomplishments,” said Brooker.
The event is slated for Wednesday, Jan. 31 at Missoula College. Tickets are $40. For more information, call 406-543-4238.
This year’s nominees include:
Downtown Business of the Year
- Farran Realty Partners
- Gecko Designs
Downtown Employee of the Year
- Debbie Dantic, Blackfoot
- Ethan Harrington, Doc’s Gourmet Sandwich Shop
- Sara Murray, First Interstate Bank
- Becky Smith, Missoula Broadcasting Company
Downtown Volunteer of the Year
- Giandrea Boreillo, Anchor Electric
- Sarah Eastlund, Opportunity Bank
Committee Member of the Year
- Amy Doty, Parade of Lights
- Aimee McQuilkin, Festival of Trees
- Bram Moore, River City Roots Festival
MDA Board Member of the Year
- Ellen Buchanan, Missoula Redevelopment Agency
- Bob McGowan, Rocky Mountain School of Photography
- Heidi Starrett, Missoula Broadcasting Co.
Downtowner of the Year
- Dan Cederberg, Cederberg Law