You know you’ve made it as a city when Chick-fil-A comes to town.
The fast food restaurant, which has long advertised in the Missoula market, became the latest restaurant to file for a building permit on – you guessed it – North Reserve Street.
According to the permit, Gateway Limited Partnership plans to demolish the old Pier 1 Imports store and replace it with a new 5,000 square food Chick-fil-A, which offers chicken.
Firehouse Subs also filed for a building permit last November to remodel the existing structure at 2845 N. Reserve St.
Since the beginning of the new year, a number apartment projects also have filed for a permit, according to a review of the city’s commercial building permits.
Added up and they account for 187 new housing units.
– 24 unit apartment building by Edgell Inc. (no address given)
– 23 unit apartment building by Edgell Inc. (no address given)
– 36 unit apartment building at Grant Creek Village
– 48 unit apartment building at 2550 S. Avenue
– 48 unit housing project at 265 S. 4th St.
– 8 unit housing project at 1524 11th St.