Compensation: $19.52 Hourly
Monday through Friday
CLOSING DATE: 1/6/21 05:00 PM
* Associates degree in accounting or a certificate in accounting from a technical school is required.
* Requires at least two (2) years of experience in payroll processing & accounting, which includes general ledger responsibilities.
* Three additional years of Payroll & General Ledger experience may be substituted for education.
* Applicable experience may include: adjusting and correcting entries, reconciliation, payroll processing, assisting with financial statement preparation and year-end closing entries.
* Executes detailed, procedures to calculate and produce payroll checks and ACH deposits. Receipts and distributes payroll deposits to appropriate funds.
* Ensures that payroll and benefits costs are charged to correct cost centers.
* Recommends procedural changes and oversees the implementation of approved changes.
* Balances deductions to payroll records; executes payments from payroll withholding and county contributions.
* Prepares, balances, and submits quarterly deposits of withholding for federal and state taxes, social security unemployment, and all retirement and pension funds.
* Balances and submits payments to UNUM for long term care on a Monthly basis.
Complete job description available upon request to the Department of Human Resources.
Location: Missoula, MT
How to Apply: APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/missoulacounty Please include with your completed application College Transcripts (unofficial are accepted), and a Letter of Interest. Incomplete applications that do not contain these attachments may be disqualified.