* The Underwriter has overall responsibility for reviewing and analyzing applications and renewals, determining insurability, acceptable pricing and terms within the limits of underwriting authority, binding coverage and overseeing timely issuance of policies.
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
* Applicable insurance industry certifications a plus, but not required.
* Two year’s work experience in insurance or equivalent fast-paced office environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Reviews new and renewal applications to determine eligibility and continuation of eligibility for Lawyers Professional Liability insurance.
* Determines degree of risk, insurability and appropriate pricing based on such factors as claim’s history, longevity with ALPS, changes within the firm, and areas of practice.
* Follows underwriting guidelines and company standards and procedures.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Location: Missoula, MT
How to Apply: Please go to www.alpsinsurance.com/about/careers and click on blue box View Current Openings>Underwriter