COMPENSATION: $15.80 Hourly
Full time, weekends, holiday
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
* Requires high school graduation or GED.
* Graduation from a culinary arts program or an equivalent food prep/cook training program desired.
* Requires one year of experience in meal planning and food preparation in a high-volume setting.
* Must pass an extensive background investigation.
* Requires a valid Montana drivers' license.
* Prepares food and ensures meals are delivered in a timely manner.
* Records detailed information regarding time of meals, meal content, number of meals served, and food temperature.
* Has direct contact with inmate workers; provides instruction on proper food handling and preparation; facilitates cooperation among inmate workers to ensure kitchen safety.
* Tracks and logs inmate activities; ensures schedules of inmate activities are completed.
* Oversees inmate workers to ensure worker and staff safety in a hazardous work environment; supervises handling of knives and other kitchen implements that could be used as weapons.
* Monitors kitchen for evidence of restricted activities as outline in the inmate rule manual and detention center policy.
* Follows approved menus to ensure prepared meals comply with State regulations, medical orders, nutritional and other required standards.
Complete job description available upon request by calling Human Resources at 406-258-4874.
Location: Missoula, MT
How to Apply: APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/missoulacounty Please complete all sections of the online application. Please include with your completed application the Waiver/Authorization to Release Information. Incomplete applications that do not contain the wavier/authorization to release information may be disqualified. Waiver/Authorization to Release Information REQUIRED