SALARY: $16.01 Hourly
Monday thru Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
* Requires high school graduation or GED.
* Requires two years of customer service experience that included face to face public contact.
* Requires one year of cash handling experience.
* Requires successfully passing a criminal history background check.
* Receives payment by cash, checks and credit cards to process tax payments in the county computer system.
* Issues receipts and maintains copies for balancing.
* Collects delinquent tax payments.
* Handles large amounts of cash and receipts, balances cash drawer daily against the state and county computer systems.
* Balances checks, cash, and credit cards to daily reports; makes calculations and tabulates data; sorts and files registration receipts.
* Receives and reviews applications for new titles and transfers as directed by state laws and procedures.
* Performs data entry of title information onto state system, including pre-entry of data from outside sources.
* Determines amount of fee and assesses penalties and interest on late title transfers and tax payments.
***Complete job description available upon request to the Department of Human Resources by calling 406-258-4874***
Location: Missoula, MT
How to Apply: APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/missoulacounty • Please include the results of a Montana Job Service E-Skills Typing Test. • To take the Montana Job Service E-Skills Typing Test from any location, please call Tom Sullivan at 406-218-7450 or Julissa Hensel at 406-218-7480. They will e-mail you a link to the test. • Please attach a printed version that shows your words per minute score.