Salary $15.33 Hourly
Closing: 10/4/2021 5:00 PM Mountain
Representative Examples of Work
* Feeds and waters animals, cleans cages, outdoor kennels and other areas within the building, does dishes and laundry.
* Observes animals for signs of illness, injury and behavioral issues.
* Schedules vet appointments for treating sick/injured animals and spay/neuter surgeries, authorizes medical procedures.
* Administers first aid, medications and vaccinations; and inserts microchips.
* Answers phones and emails; takes complaints from the public; prioritizes calls and dispatches animal control officers; records and relays required information; and works with the public to provide for animals in emergency situations (wildfires, floods, etc.).
* Provides information to the public about animal ordinances, animal care, licensing, adoption and spay/neuter programs.
* Performs data entry, handles cash and makes deposits, produces reports, coordinates records retention, and orders all supplies for the shelter including medications, vaccines, food, litter, cleaning supplies, microchips, gravel, etc.
*** Complete job description available upon request to the Human Resource Department.***
Location: Missoula, MT
How to Apply: APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/missoulacounty Please complete all sections of the online application, even if a resume is included. Please attach to your completed application a letter of interest that includes your motivation to work at Animal Control. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.