* The preferred knowledge, skills and abilities described above are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in social work or other relevant behavioral science (e.g. counseling, psychology, nursing) and two (2) years of relevant experience within the field of human services OR a suitable combination of education and experience.
* Volunteer work may be considered in evaluating work experience.
* Considerable knowledge of modern case management methods, procedures, and practices.
* Knowledge of the application of diagnostic and crisis intervention skills. *
* Considerable knowledge of the problems and needs of Veterans and long-term care consumers.
* Considerable skill in conducting assessments and developing care plans.
* Considerable skill in organizing people and things.
* Considerable skill in interpersonal relations, including written and oral communication.
* Proven analytical thinking, conflict management, and mediation skills.
* Ability to promote consumer’s self-determination.
* Ability to provide input to the plan of care with respect to social and other non-medical covered services.
* Ability to monitor service delivery including cost of services provided.
* Ability to evaluate service effectiveness and re-assess continuing consumer need.
Full job description go to https://missoulaagingservices.org/about-us/careers.html
Location: Missoula, MT
How to Apply: To apply for an open position, please complete the online application at missoulaagingservices.org/about-us/careers.html . Upload a cover letter and resume. If preferred, a pdf version of the application is available on the same page and can be downloaded and emailed to email@example.com.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org