Missoula County on Monday opened the search for seven volunteers to serve on the Missoula County Fair Event Committee to help plan and host of the annual fair.
The seven appointed members, along with one alternative, will be appointed to staggered three-year terms. The committee was created earlier this year to serve in an advisory capacity to plan and implement the annual fair.
The board will function under the direction of the commissioners and the supervision of the fairgrounds director.
According to the county, the committee will:
1. Advise the director in the area of entertainment, event, venue, capital acquisition and expenditures needed for the annual fair event.
2. Coordinate suggestions and ideas, and make recommendations to the Fairgrounds Director and Board on proposals concerning the annual fair event.
3. Advise and assist the Fairgrounds Director and the Board in outreach to acts and entertainment for the annual fair event.
4. The Fair Event Committee shall carry out additional duties upon request of the Board.
5. The Committee shall conduct all business and activities in accord with Missoula County policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, Montana open meeting laws and public records law.
Applications will be accepted throughout the remainder of the summer with interviews beginning in September. Appointments will begin on Oct. 1.
Members must be residents of Missoula County, demonstrate an interest in the area and have the time necessary to meet membership obligations. Applicants can file their application on the Missoula County website.
For more information, call 258-3399.