Missoula fire crews respond to another homeless camp fire
(Missoula Current) Emergency crews were called to battle a fire in a Missoula park on Monday afternoon after a space heater set a tent on fire.
It's the second fire the department has responded to this month at a homeless camp in a public space.
According to the fire department, the incident occurred at around 4:15 p.m. in Lions Park. The smoke was visible from a distance.
Fire officials said a space heater set fire to the tent before several propane tanks exploded. No injuries were reported, but everything was a loss.
Earlier this month, fire crews responded to reports of a fire and explosions on a river island off California Street. In that incident, crews arrived to find a 16-foot fire in a pit filled with garbage.
The fire also caused several propane bottles to explode, with fragments nearly hitting first responders.